Month Of Giving Sweepstakes 2017
Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving Sweepstakes
The following terms, conditions and rules (“Official Rules”) explain and govern the Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), which is sponsored by Jersey Mike's Franchise Systems, Inc., 2251 Landmark Place, Manasquan, NJ 08736 (“Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT OR TWITTER.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on March 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 3, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter via the following methods:
(a) IN-STORE ENTRY:
- Visit a participating Jersey Mike’s location and log-in to Snapchat:
- To enter the Sweepstakes, you'll first need to become a registered user of Snapchat or log into your Snapchat account. If you do not have an account, go to www.Snapchat.com to create one. Snapchat accounts are free. You will also need to be registered user of either Instagram or Twitter. If you do not have an account, go to www.Instagram.com to create one. Instagram accounts are free. If you do not have an account, go to www.Twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
- Once you log-in to Snapchat, Snap a photo inside of the participating Jersey Mike’s location on your mobile device and apply Sponsor’s “Month of Giving” filter to the Snap, available under the Snapchat filter menu. Sponsor makes no representation about the ability to access the filter on your mobile device.
- Save the Snap to your “Memories” or take a screenshot of the Snap, and then post it to your Twitter and/or Instagram account with the hashtags #jerseymikesgives and #jmsweepstakes.
- To enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram, you'll first need to become a registered user of Instagram or log into your Instagram account. Once you become a member and log in, your account must be set to “public”.
- To enter the Sweepstakes via Twitter, you'll first need to become a registered user of Twitter or log into your Twitter account. Once you become a member and log in, your account must be set to “public”.
(b) MAIL-IN OPTION: Mail in your entry via a 3x5 card including the following hand written information: your name, date of birth, complete address, daytime phone number, and email address to the following address: Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving Sweepstakes Entry, 2251 Landmark Place, Manasquan, New Jersey. Any mail-in entry with incomplete information will be considered ineligible. You will receive one (1) entry for each 3x5 card. Each entry must be in a separate postage-stamped outer envelope. No facsimile entries or photocopies/mechanically reproduced entries allowed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, invalid, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or postage-due mail/entries, which will be disqualified. Mail-in entries must be post-marked by April 3, 2017 and received by April 5, 2017 at the latest.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT. LIMIT: TWO (2) ENTRIES PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. The time clock of the Sponsor is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF YOU USE A MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE IN CONJUNCTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST (AS APPLICABLE). All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email/IP addresses may be blocked. EXCEPT FOR THE MEANS DESCRIBED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, NO OTHER MEANS OF ENTRY ARE PERMITTED.
By submitting an entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work; (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not won previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) and that publication of the photo via various media including web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
Photo entries must comply with the following content guidelines to be eligible:
- Be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except for those of Sponsor), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (except for those of Sponsor) including photographs and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor is grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes). Do not include materials, images, graphics, or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor;
- Contain any background artwork unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in entries must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein, except in the case of copyrighted materials and artwork that appear in-store and are owned by Sponsor;
- Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without prior written permission;
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AND/OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents and licensees an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable license and right to publish, publicly perform and use the entry in any way, in any and all media, in whole or in part, without limitation, and without consideration or notification to the entrant. By submitting an entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the photo on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to its website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any entry you submit.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes and/or the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
4. PRIZE DETAILS: Fifty (50) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive a ten dollar ($10) electronic gift card to Jersey Mike’s. Approximate retail value: $10 per prize. If the electronic gift card is not available, Sponsor reserves the right to mail winners a physical gift card. All prizes provided “as is.” Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. No prize substitutions or transfers will be permitted. No exceptions. Gift card is subject to the terms and conditions thereon, including any applicable expiration date.
5. DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received at the time of each drawing. Five (5) drawings will occur during the Sweepstakes Period. Ten (10) winners will be selected for each drawing. The weekly drawings will occur on the following dates:
Week 1: March 8, 2017
Week 2: March 15, 2017
Week 3: March 22, 2017
Week 4: March 29, 2017
Week 5: April 5, 2017
Non-winning entries will roll over into subsequent drawings. Sponsor’s use of the photo (through posting, retweeting, or use or engagement with the photo in any way) does not qualify the submission as a winning post. Further, Sponsor’s commenting on the photo does not qualify the submission as a winning post. Limit: one (1) prize per person.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each potential winner will be notified by Sponsor through a reply to his/her Twitter or Instagram posting, as applicable, clearly stating that he/she has been selected as a potential winner. Winner notifications for each drawing above will occur within twenty-four (24) hours after the applicable drawing. In Sponsor’s reply, the winners will be directed to send Sponsor a direct message through Instagram or Twitter (as applicable) to claim their prize. If the winner fails to send the direct message response within forty-eight (48) hours of Sponsor’s reply, the prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstake, including but not limited to the in-store filter for entry; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or land line phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, such as by way of example and not by way of limitation, in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment, and Sponsor shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online from time to time during the Sweepstakes for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
8. WINNERS RELEASES: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the prize, entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, Snap Inc., those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, or participating in any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize; except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Prize winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and related expenses on the prize, and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize or any portion of a prize becomes unavailable. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any difference between the stated value of any prize and the actual retail value will not be awarded. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated in these Official Rules, no compensation will be given. All federal, state and local laws & regulations apply.
11. CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the play process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey and shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Monmouth County, New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. WINNER'S LIST: To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Jersey Mike’s Franchise Systems, Month of Giving Sweepstakes Winner’s List, c/o Social Media, 2251 Landmark Place, Manasquan, NJ 08736. Requests must be received by December 31, 2017.