Jersey Mike's Survey Reveals America's Summer Travel Plans
The first day of summer may not be until June 21, but Americans are already thinking ahead to their travel plans. Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, rolled out its latest Trend Tracker survey, designed to capture a slice of American life, to explore summer travel trends.
Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker – Summer Travel Trends
Pack Those Bags:
- 7 out of 10 (70%) say they plan to take a vacation this summer.
Here’s How Much Time Off They Plan:
- 1-2 weeks (52%)
- Long weekends (38%)
- A month (2%)
- All summer long (2%)
- Other (6%)
Summer Hours Please!
- Nearly 1 out of 4 (24%) say their employer offers some kind of summer hours.
Destinations Near & Far
- 58% will travel out of state on vacation.
- 24% will travel within their home state.
- 10% will travel abroad.
- 8% will spend time off at home.
Favorite Classic American Vacations
- 17% of respondents say they would like to travel back in time to their childhood summers.
- 22% each say their dream vacation is still a classic drive across country with the family or a trip to the Grand Canyon.
- The top destination* for Millennials (18-34) and Baby Boomers (52-70) is the Grand Canyon.
- Gen Xers (35-51) prefer a cross country drive with the family.
*Choices were: Back in time to my childhood summers, The Jersey Shore, The Grand Canyon, Cross country drive with the family, The Catskills, other.
Started in 1956, Jersey Mike’s now has 1,500 restaurants open and under development nationwide. In 2016, for the third year in a row, the company was named the #1 fastest growing chain in the Nation’s Restaurant News Top 100.
The growth is fueled by passionate Jersey Mike’s fans who crave their subs made Mike’s Way® with the freshest vegetables – onions, lettuce and tomatoes – topped off with an exquisite zing of “the juice” – red wine vinegar and olive oil blended to perfection. Jersey Mike’s premium meats and cheeses are sliced on the spot, piled high on in-store baked bread and served up with a helping of neighborly banter from a dedicated and high-energy team.
Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker gathered 7,100 responses on May 30, 2017. In exchange for answering brief questions, the company emailed a $2 coupon to respondents. Trend Tracker captures a slice of American life.