Show Us how you Celebrate Summer with Jersey Mike’s!
Submit your Jersey Mike’s Summer ’17 T-Shirt design through Instagram, Twitter, or the Jersey Mike's Facebook Page with the hashtags:
#JMSummer17 AND #JMContest
Submissions will be accepted from June 15th to July 10th for judgement, then voting will take place from July 13th to July 20th. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a Jersey Mike’s Summer Party Package, and nine finalists will receive alternative prizes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER OR WOOBOX.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION. The Jersey Mike’s Summer Seventeen T-Shirt Design Contest (the "Contest") offers eligible entrants the opportunity to submit their Jersey Mike’s t-shirt design (the “Submission”) into the Contest. After the submission and judging period, an open voting period will allow the general public to vote on their preferred design. One grand prize winner will be selected, based on total eligible number of votes, and will have their design produced on a t-shirt.
The Contest will flow as follows:
The Sponsor of this Contest is Jersey Mike's Franchise Systems, Inc., 2251 Landmark Place, Manasquan, NJ 08736 ("Sponsor"). By participating in this Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest submission is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Submission Period, upload the Submission to your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account and include the hashtags #JMsummer17 and #JMcontest. By taking these steps, an entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. An entrant’s account settings must be set to public. Submissions should consist of a drawing of participant’s own design, which the participant would like to see produced on a solid colored Jersey Mike’s t-shirt. Additionally, each Submission must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (and any Submission that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
Due to production processes, Sponsor reserves the right to alter Submissions. Limit two (2) entries per person, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than two (2) entries per person by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Submissions will not be returned or acknowledged by the Sponsor.
4. JUDGING PERIOD: During the Judging Period, a panel of judges, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will select ten (10) finalists (“Finalist Submissions”) from among all eligible Submissions received during the Submission Period based on the following criteria:
1) Creativity (0-30 points);
2) Brand affinity (0-30 points); and
3) Commercial Appeal (0-40 points).
In the event of a tie, the Submission with the highest score in “Commercial Appeal” will be deemed a Finalist Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than ten (10) Finalist Submissions, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
5. VOTING PERIOD: During the Voting Period, all Finalist Submissions will be uploaded to a public online viewing gallery on Sponsor’s Facebook page. Voting is limited to one (1) vote per Finalist Submission, per Facebook account, per day. Voters who do not comply with the voting instructions will not have their votes cast or counted. Duplicate daily votes will be excluded from the final vote count. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of votes by any methods that Sponsor deeps unfair or inappropriate will void that voter’s votes and the entrant may be disqualified. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as defined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. WINNER SELECTION:
(A) One (1) Grand Prize Winner: At the close of the Voting Period, the Finalist Submission with the most votes will be deemed the potential grand prize winner. In the event of a tie, such tied finalists will be judged by a “tie-breaking” judge based on the following criteria: Commercial Appeal: 0-100 points.
(B) Nine (9) Finalist Prize Winners: At the close of the Voting Period, the Finalist Submissions with the 2nd-10th most votes will be deemed the potential finalist prize winners. In the event of a tie, such tied finalists will be judged by a “tie-breaking” judge based on the following criteria: Commercial Appeal: 0-100 points.
The Challenge Parties and judges reserve the right to consider criteria other than the aforementioned, and to assign to each of the above and to any such other criteria such weights as the Challenge Parties and judges may determine in their sole discretion.
The potential winners will be notified by direct message to the social media account the potential winner used to submit the Finalist Submission entry. The potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notice within forty-eight (48) hours after the time of notice or else that potential winner may be disqualified. The potential winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other related documents required by the Contest Entities (the “Prize Claim Documents”), within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion. The potential winners will not be eligible to receive a prize until all properly completed Prize Claim Documents are received.
The Contest Entities shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If any potential winner (i) does not respond within the time required by Sponsor (including, without limitation, if the winner notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable), (ii) is found to be ineligible, (iii) has not complied with these Official Rules, or (iv) declines the prize for any reason , such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winners may be selected based on the selection process set forth in Section 6(A) and 6(B) above, as applicable.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By submitting a Submission, each entrant agree that the Submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to the entrant. Each entrant acknowledges that, by acceptance of a Submission, Sponsor does do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than entrant.
Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its designees, affiliates, successors and assigns, the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the Submission in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest and other promotions. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. For the avoidance of doubt, Sponsor and its designees shall be permitted to incorporate the Submission on Sponsor’s products (including, without limitation, a t-shirt) and to sell such products to the general public, without additional compensation, limitation, restriction, notice, review or approval. Entrants further agree: (i) that the Contest Entities may exercise any and all rights hereunder without notification or compensation (except for any prize to be awarded hereunder); (ii) that the Contest Entities shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by entrants; (iii) Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof; and (iv) to sign and deliver to the Contest Entities such documents as the Contest Entities may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
9. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
(A) Grand Prize Winner:
One (1) grand prize winner will be selected, based on the highest number of eligible votes. The grand prize winner will have their Submission made into a t-shirt. In addition, the grand prize will receive a Jersey Mike’s Summer Party Package containing: 10 shirts with their T-Shirt design, a Jersey Mike’s Bag Cooler, 10 Jersey Mike’s Koozies, a Jersey Mike’s Hat, and a $100 Jersey Mike’s Gift Card. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the grand prize is $250.00.
(B) Finalist Prize Winners:
Nine (9) Finalist Prize Winners will each receive a t-shirt with the winning Submission (i.e., the grand prize winner’s Submission) and a $50 Jersey Mike’s Gift Card. The ARV of each Finalist Prize is $60.00.
Gift Cards may be subject to separate terms and conditions imposed by issuer. Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize, or portion thereof, with a Prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prize winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize.
10. GENERAL: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Woobox and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, and any other person or entity involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) from and against any claim or cause of action, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Entrants further agree that the Contest Entities have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Entities are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, or stolen entries, or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Submission are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated for any reason before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where legally prohibited, each winner consents to the use of his/her name and likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, social media account handle and city and state of residence in print, broadcast, Internet and other media for advertising, promotional and/or marketing purposes without additional compensation, limitation, restriction, notice, review or approval.
12. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: By entering the Contest, entrants agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action and all claims, awards and judgments shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. No entrant is permitted to obtain any award for, and waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the validity, construction, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest or Official Rules shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
14. WINNER’S LIST: For a winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Attention: Jersey Mike’s Summer Seventeen T-Shirt Design Contest Winner, c/o 2251 Landmark Place, Manasquan, NJ 08736. Requests must be received by October 31, 2017.