Jersey Mike’s Subs Kicks Off Multi City College Tailgate Tour
Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, is rolling out its first college tailgate tour and giving fans a chance to sample its authentic fresh sliced subs. The 14-week, 16-stop mobile tour kicks off at the Michigan State University football game against Tulsa on Friday, Aug. 30 in East Lansing, Mich.
The 16 Tailgate Tour stops include:
- Michigan State University (Aug. 30)
- University of Michigan (Aug. 31)
- University of Oregon (Sept. 7)
- University of Washington (Sept. 14)
- University of Southern California (Sept. 20)
- San Diego State University (Sept. 21)
- The University of Utah (Sept. 28)
- University of Colorado Boulder (Oct. 5)
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Oct. 12)
- The University of Oklahoma (Oct. 19)
- The Ohio State University (Oct. 26)
- University of South Carolina (Nov. 2)
- University of Florida (Nov. 9)
- University of Houston (Nov. 16)
- University of Georgia (Nov. 23)
- Pennsylvania State University (Nov. 30)
Tailgaters are invited to stop by the pop-up shop and enjoy a free sub sample along with special giveaways and games. Fans will be asked to either show their Jersey Mike’s app at the counter, or download the new app and sign up for the newly launched MyMike’s™ rewards program to obtain their sample.
Other elements include:
- Outdoor lounge with Adirondack chairs and picnic benches
- “The Juice” mobile device charging station
- Lawn games (cornhole)
- Custom Snap Chat Geofilter
- Giveaways including sunglasses, koozies, tech tacos and phone loops
At each event, fans will also be encouraged to enter Jersey Mike’s: A Sub Above CFB Tailgate Sweepstakes to win four tickets to a football bowl game scheduled for Jan. 1, 2020 in Pasadena, plus airfare for the prize winner and up to three guests.
“The goal of the tailgate tour is to deliver a high-level experience for fans and introduce them to our updated mobile app,” said Rich Hope, Chief Marketing Officer, Jersey Mike’s Franchise Systems, Inc. “We are looking forward to traveling across the country and bringing a taste of the Jersey Shore to hungry football tailgaters.”
The branded trailer will be placed in high traffic locations on each campus, mainly in FanFest areas and tailgate zones.
Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment is the production agency for the tour.
About Jersey Mike’s Subs
Jersey Mike’s, a fast-casual sub sandwich franchise with more than 2,000 locations open and under development nationwide, believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. Voted America’s Favorite Sandwich Brand in Market Force Information’s 2019 QSR study, Jersey Mike’s offers A Sub Above®, serving authentic fresh sliced subs on freshly baked bread – the same recipe it started with in 1956 – and is passionate about giving back to its local communities. (Founder and CEO Peter Cancro shares company history.) Customers can download Jersey Mike’s new app and log in to their MyMike’s™ account to earn free subs, a birthday reward, and much more. For more information, please visit www.jerseymikes.com or follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/jerseymikes), Instagram (instagram.com/jerseymikes/) and Twitter (twitter.com/jerseymikes).
About Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment
Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Van Wagner Group LLC, creates, advises, and sells on behalf of world-class teams, leagues, brands, properties, and colleges. An innovator in the sports and media business, Van Wagner is a global leader in high-impact broadcast visible signage throughout the MLB, NBA, NCAA, and the highest levels of international soccer, sponsorships sales, premium ticketing, college multi-media rights, and in-venue content production at the world’s biggest sporting events. www.vanwagner.com.