Jersey Mike's Highlights America's Sandwich Eating Habits
Insights for National Sandwich Day (Nov. 3): 98% of Americans Eat at Least One Sandwich a Week
Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker survey of 52,898 individuals reveals some surprising sandwich eating habits. Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, rolled out the survey, designed to capture a slice of American life, in honor of National Sandwich Day on November 3.
In celebration of National Sandwich Day, Jersey Mike’s is offering a $2 Off Any Regular Sub Coupon to its email club members and fans on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), valid Nov. 3 and 4. The company proclaimed November “National Sub Month,” and will run a contest each day on social media for entrants to win prizes from gift cards to T-shirts.
Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker – America’s Sandwich Eating Habits
Americans Love Their Subs!
- 98% of respondents say they eat at least one sandwich a week.
- Two out of five (39%) say they eat three or more sandwiches per week.
A Time To Crave
- Three quarters of all respondents (76%) crave subs for lunch.
- One in five (20%) say dinner is their preferred time for subs.
- Forget cold pizza, a surprising 444 people crave a sub for breakfast.
It’s (not) a Wrap: Top 5 Sandwich Types
- Sub sandwich (64%)
- Grilled sandwich (11%)
- Deli sandwich (11%)
- Wrap (7%)
- Club (7%)
To Share or Not to Share
- 40% say they share their sub with their significant other.
- Sharing with kids is the next closest option at a distant 11%.
- Savoring every bite: 44% say they don’t share their sub…
- Unless they have 100 of their favorite subs, then…
- Nearly three quarters (70%) would share them with a charity, police/fire departments or school/work colleagues.
- 20% would throw an awesome party.
America’s Favorite Tailgating Sub from Jersey Mike’s
- #13 The Original Italian (32%)
- #7 Turkey Breast and Provolone (19%)
- #8 Club Sub (17%)
- #17 Jersey Mike’s Famous Philly (13%)
- #6 Famous Roast Beef and Provolone (8%)
- Other (11%)
Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker gathered 52,898 responses between October 3 and October 5. The company emailed a $2 coupon to respondents and invited them to participate in the survey. Trend Tracker captures a slice of American life.
Started in 1956, Jersey Mike’s now has 1,500 restaurants open and under development nationwide. This year, Jersey Mike’s was named the country’s fastest-growing Limited Service Chain and fastest-growing sandwich chain in the 2017 Nation’s Restaurant News Top 100.
The growth is fueled by passionate Jersey Mike’s fans who crave their subs made Mike’s Way® with the freshest vegetables – onions, lettuce and tomatoes – topped off with an exquisite zing of “the juice” – red wine vinegar and olive oil blended to perfection. Jersey Mike’s premium meats and cheeses are sliced on the spot, piled high on in-store baked bread and served up with a helping of neighborly banter from a dedicated and high-energy team.