Jersey Mike's Subs Opens 1000th Location
Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its premium sliced and grilled subs, opened its 1,000th restaurant on Wednesday, October 14.
“I want to congratulate all of our owners and their entire crews, in every store across America, for being part of our company as we celebrate opening 1,000 stores. From the beginning it has never been about ONE it's always been about raising each other up together. On October 14, we actually opened five locations, so they will all share the honor of being the 1,000th store,” said Founder Peter Cancro.
The restaurants sharing the milestone are:
- Manny Hernandez and his crew: Jersey Mike's Subs, 600 E. Ben White, Austin, Texas
- Sterling and Meghan Sublett and their crew: Jersey Mike's Subs, 1101 Grindstone Parkway, Columbia, Mo.
- Jim McGaha and his crew: Jersey Mike's Subs, 3003 North Delta Highway, Eugene, Ore.
- Zach Carroll and his crew: Jersey Mike's Subs, 3201 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, N.C.
- Alicia Rosenfield-Layton and Duane Layton and their crew: 1537 W. Broadway Rd., Tempe, Ariz.
What started as one sub shop at the Jersey Shore in 1956 has become the fastest growing restaurant chain in the country, two years in a row, according to Nation’s Restaurant News’ Top 100 (2015 & 2014).
“It may have taken us 40 years to get to 1,000 restaurants but Jersey Mike’s expects to double that in the next four years, reaching 2,000 locations by 2019,” said Cancro. “We are just getting started, and today we celebrate the owners and their crews, and everyone who helped to achieve this milestone.”